Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In a pink mood...

*Image from Bloomacious.com
I'm so excited.  One of my best friends is coming into town in a few days from New England.  You know the friends who make you smile at the mere mention of their name?  That's J.  Lighthearted fun always ensues when she is around.

The weather is looking like it will be great on Saturday, so I think we'll dress up the patio and I'll set Mr. M loose on the grill with a chicken or a big fish.  I've been working on our new garden all week and am currently addicted to pink rather than my normal red (don't worry dear red, you will always be first in my heart of colors).  

Maybe it's this weather that is displaying some major personality disorders this week that has me craving craving big and bold colors, but I'm ready to go 
all out.  Between the pink flowers (please, please let them survive tonight's frost!) and this fabulous website that I discovered yesterday, I'm really excited about dressing the
 patio. I came across Bloomacious.com through the site's founder, Carolyn Leber.  Recently she covered the DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS) Dining by Design event at the Architectural Digest Home Show in New York.  The table settings were inspiring, 
my favorite being the hot pink room with the cherry blossoms overhead, shown in the above image.  I'm looking forward to using elements from the photo on my patio this weekend!  I'm thinking table coverings, fruits, and adding to the overall feel of a bold spring with some Principessa served with my marinated strawberries to begin with.  Stay tuned for photos as I build upon the idea!

What are y'all doing this weekend?  Any fun entertaining going on?  Please share!

1 comment:

  1. We are having a family BBQ this weekend and I'm going summery and campy with the decor. Think yellow metal buckets with daises. Love your pink ideas!!

    ReplyDelete