Saturday, February 14, 2009

Peaceful Valentine Wishes


Happy Valentine's Day!  If you are going out tonight, good luck.  Personally, I don't think there is anything very romantic about pushing against crowds of people to get a table at a restaurant, but on the other hand, we are in recession, so it may not be so much of a fistfight this year.  For those of us who are staying home with our loved ones, enjoy a bottle of Michael Sullman Reserve Cabernet and relax.  Lord knows so many of us are stressing out over the state of things these days.  

If you need a little help getting in the mood, read below:

Refusal

Beloved,
In what other lives or lands
Have I known your lips
Your Hands
Your Laughter brave
Irreverent.
Those sweet excesses that
I do adore.
What surety is there
That we will meet again,
On other worlds some
Future time undated.
I defy my body's hate.
Without the promise
Of one more sweet encounter
I will not deign to die

--Maya Angelou



No comments:

Post a Comment